Adult Sentencing

What is a conviction?


An offender who has a conviction registered against them will have a criminal record and will have to apply for a "record suspension" (formerly known as a "pardon") to have the conviction removed.


If a judge makes a finding of guilt and gives any sentence other than an absolute discharge or a conditional discharge, a conviction will be registered against the offender.